- Posted on 09/23/2009 by Loretta
- Presentations will start next week. I will provide the evaluation forms for everyone at every lecture.
- Presentations often come in pairs. Usually, one student brings a laptop, while the other will have the presentation ready on a USB/Flash drive. Please be aware that not everyone uses the same version of MS Powerpoint (eg. *.pptx files are not supported on MS Office 2003 or earlier.) It is in your best interest to discuss beforehand who will bring the laptop.
- It is strongly recommended that you bring the power adapter for your laptop. (Just in case.)
- On the day of your presentation, please email me and Dr. Rizzo the following: (a) three potential exam questions and (b) presentation in *.ppt format. The questions should be easy, medium and hard in terms of difficulty; answers should be included as well.
- Remember to cite outside references carefully and keep in mind that the slides you create are used by your fellow students to study from when we have future exams.
- Posted on 09/16/2009 by Loretta
- Quiz 1 is one week from today; there are some sample questions available. Please bear in mind that the sample quiz questions were written by another TA for previous classes. In addition to conceptual questions, you are expected to know all the functional groups (recognize and draw) and all the amino acid side chains (recognize, not draw), as well as their three-letter and one-letter codes. Also, remember that you are responsible for reading all primary references.
- The presentation list has been updated. Dr. Rizzo and I have agreed to keep Replica Exchange as is.
- Posted on 09/10/2009 by Loretta
- With the exception of Replica Exchange, Dr. Rizzo and I have decided assignment for presentations this fall. Please see the schedule below.
- Recall that presenters are responsible for having read both the primary and secondary reference. All students are responsible for reading, at minimum, the primary reference.
- Posted on 09/03/2009 by Loretta
- Many students have been asking me about the course schedule. At the moment, the list of presenters is last year's students, as we are waiting a few more days to see if any additional students will add/drop this course. Dr. Rizzo and I will update the list with the enrolled students by the middle of next week (around 9/10 or 9/11).
- The presentation topics and associated papers will be assigned to you. Traditionally, we do this alphabetically.