Making images for publication using vmd
To make publication quality image using vmd do the following steps:
- Load VMD state of the Molecule.
- Go to File -> Render -> Tachyon
- Change both occurrences of %s to "plot" in the render window
- Render once
- Edit resolution in plot.bat by using the following bat script:
"C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\sed" "s/Resolution 1024 712/Resolution 2048 1424/" today\plot.dat > today\temp.dat "C:\Program Files\University of Illinois\VMD\tachyon_WIN32.exe" -aasamples 8 -trans_vmd -mediumshade today\temp.dat -format BMP -o today\plot.bmp
- You should change the resolution to be a multiple of the current resolution.
- eg 1024X742 -> 2048X1484
- This script also re-renders the image in to a bitmap file called plot.bmp.
- Open plot.bmp in a picture editor and convert to png